Home security is a growing concern for many British families. So, surveillance systems are increasingly becoming more and more popular across the UK.
And while their main purpose is the same – to detect, record and alert – security cameras come with different sets of features.
If you’re planning to upgrade your home’s defence system this year by investing in a new security camera, this article is for you.
Here’s an overview of six cameras available on the market right now.
1. Y-Cam Evo
- stores a week’s worth of videos in the cloud for no additional costs
- convenient small design
- easy to set-up HD camera
- motion activated alerts and recordings
- on demand recording capabilities
Important mention: It’s not a good camera for outside usage because it’s NOT waterproof.
2. Amcrest ProHD
- lets you watch what’s going on at home through a mobile app
- stream, record and playback in full HD 1920 x 1080 @ 30 FPS
- camera tilts, pans and can zoom in on request
- wide viewing angle of 90°
Important mention: Amcrest’s plans for cloud storage service require a monthly fee.
3. Yale CCTV
- real-time, full-screen high-resolution video recording and playback
- infrared vision to ensure your property is secured 24 hours a day
- ability to keep a watchful eye on your home and kids from a distance through a dedicated app on your smartphone, tablet or PC
- two weatherproof cameras, with the potential to add more cameras if needed
- view and record high-quality CCTV images simultaneously
If you decide this is the right camera for you, get in touch with us right away.
Our locksmiths can provide and install Yale’s smart HD CCTV range to improve your home security.
4. Arlo by Netgear Smart Security
- HD, weatherproof security camera
- 100% wire-free
- free access to motion and audio-triggered recordings from the past seven days
- sends motion alerts
- integrated infrared lights
Important mention: Arlo doesn’t have any audio capabilities, and the battery will fluctuate significantly depending on how much you use it. This can be a drawback when it comes to home security.
5. Logi Circle
- easy to set up anywhere
- two-way voice communication
- the Circle mobile app and desktop web app lets you sort through hours of footage to get a daily brief faster
- it has a social functionality (it can record important events and turn them into an edited video you can share)
Important mention: Logi Circle doesn’t offer a way to configure alerts or recordings. Also, it doesn’t have a built-in siren or motion-zone support.
- Canary app gives you direct access so you can see what’s going on at home
- the camera can be shut off from a distance
- HD video
- motion-activated alerts
- a 90+ decibel siren
- free 24-hours cloud storage
Important mention. Canary requires a paid membership for those who want to save more than one day’s worth of footage to the cloud.
Make Home Security a Priority in 2017
Everybody wants peace of mind knowing their home is secure when they are out shopping, at work or on holiday.
Getting a security camera comes with associated costs. However, not upgrading your current security system might turn out to cost you even more in the long-run.
There are many different options available on the market to choose from, based on your particular needs and budget.
We hope this article has helped you get a better idea of the choices you have.