If you are looking for the best smart security and door security devices for your home in 2017, then take a look at our list of smart security tools to reinforce the safety measures already in place.
One great thing about these smart appliances is that they’re not difficult to use. If you know how to handle a smartphone, you’ll have no problem managing an extra app connected to your smart security gadgets.
If you would like an insight into what the market offers at the moment, we’ve got some recommendations for you across three categories.
1. Smart Locks & Door Security Devices
When you’ve got one of these items on your door, you know home security is in good hands.
This year, the following smart door locks & door security devices seem to be gaining experts’ recognition:
- Kwikset 916 Z-Wave SmartCode Touchscreen Electronic Deadbolt: this sturdy device will lock automatically after 30 seconds, so it practically rules out the “Did I lock the door or not?” dilemma. You can re-key the code if needed, plus you can use the Home Connect technology to link the lock to other monitoring systems.
- Schlage Connect BE469NX: offers 30 customised user codes and built-in movement sensors to alert you of any suspect activity outside.
- August Smart Lock: gets you keyless access to your home and its performance is not affected by power outages.
- Yale Smart Lock: a smart lock approved by Police Secured by Design.
To make sure they’re installed correctly, it’s worth calling your local locksmith for a helping hand. Check they specialize in smart lock and door security device installations beforehand though.
At Lockrite for instance, we’re providing assistance with Yale Smart Locks, so feel free to contact us whenever you’re in two minds about what you should be doing.
2. Smart Light Bulbs
Among smart security items, these are considered the ‘cool’ additions to the smart devices family.
If you set your mind on getting one of these, durability is a key feature to have in mind. Here are a few conveniently priced items:
- Philips Hue White: for roughly £12, it offers quite an impressively large range of features: geofencing, an estimated 23-year life span and integration with the main smart home kits (Amazon Alexa, Nest or IFTTT).
- C by GE Starter Pack: as opposed to other smart bulbs, this one requires no hub to be installed, while also presenting an intuitive app.
- GE Link Connected Web: attractively designed, this bulb will fit just nicely in your room.
3. Wireless Smart Security Cameras
Security cameras are getting increasingly sophisticated technology to enhance their performance.
That said, have a look at these surveillance experts:
- Arlo Pro Security System: this wire-free surveillance pack offers free local cloud storage, motion-triggered and sound-activated sensors, within a reasonable price range.
- Canary All-In-One Home Security Device: enhanced night vision and air quality monitoring are the features setting it apart.
- Smano UFO: low-profile design, perfect for keeping an eye on your indoor belongings due to its 360-degree coverage. 1080p quality and night vision for less than £150.
Weighing Up Your Options For Smart Security & Door Security Devices
It’s true, there are a lot of features to take into account.
Not to mention the budget – smart security and door security devices can be a tad pricey if we compare them to classic solutions.
Whichever solution you pick, you need to keep in mind one thing: home safety is the kind of investment you shouldn’t be afraid to make.
After all, staying open to various home security options will only make your house a hard nut to crack for burglars.