Crimes against businesses often come at a very high cost for those targeted. In addition to equipment and merchandise being lost, business owners will also most likely need to deal with fixing the damage the burglar has caused. This can range from broken windows to smashed locks and doors.
That said, it only makes sense to employ the best security measures to minimise the risks and better protect your business against theft.
Here are a few tips meant to help you with that.
Consider Carrying out a Risk Assessment
This is an excellent place to start strengthening your business’s defence system against theft, as it will help you identify possible vulnerabilities within it.
Chances are you have an idea of how your business may be exposed, but at the same time, consider that it could be just a piece of the puzzle.
To get the full image of the risks burglars can take advantage of to target your business, go for a professional service which can provide you with reliable information and advice.
Depending on your business location and size, trading hours, the type of merchandise you sell, staff and more, the assessment may, for instance, reveal an imperative need to:
- Replace or upgrade your locks to protect your business. This usually happens in the case of old locks or locks which don’t comply with the British Standards.
- Have a restricted key system in place. A restricted key system means keys that are cut and copies of a key can only exclusively be made with your permission. This would allow you to stay in control of the number of key copies being made and ensure keys can’t be stolen and copied.
- Better secure your windows by adding locks, especially if the windows are facing towards a parking lot or an alley.
- Have cabinet locks installed to secure file cabinets which hold important documents.
Leverage Technology to Secure Your Business Premises
Nowadays, business owners can benefit from a wide array of high tech security solutions. Here are three of them which will help you better protect your business:
- Smart Locks which allow access to be granted from a distance. Another significant benefit of having smart locks installed is that you will be able to keep track of when the doors were unlocked and by whom.
- HD CCTV surveillance which lets you keep an eye on the premises remotely and discourages burglars from targeting your business. What’s more, security cameras may turn out to be highly-efficient at preventing vandalism and trespassing, as well.
- Security Alarms are known to be highly-efficient at keeping intruders at bay. As a best practice, we recommend you also put up signs to warn passers-by of its presence.
Need Help? Rely on Our Expert Locksmiths to Better Protect Your Business
The security of your business is not something you can deal with once and then forget about it.
Burglars are always coming up with new strategies; looking for new vulnerabilities in your system. So it’s essential you stay one step ahead and conduct regular check-ups to safeguard your business.
This is a challenge we can help you with.
We provide a one-stop solution towards an improved security of your business property.
If you’re ready to start taking necessary steps towards better protecting your business against theft and are looking for a reliable partner, the easiest way to reach us is by calling this number 0800 0612 677.