Some people don’t fully realise the value of professional locksmith services until they face a situation which requires emergency assistance and proper expertise.
In this article, we compiled four examples of such situations when you shouldn’t hesitate to call a locksmith right away. So let’s get to it!
1. You’ve Locked Yourself out of Your Home
Being unable to get back into your property is unquestionably unpleasant and annoying, but there is no need to panic. Also, don’t try to get back in by going through a window if this puts you at any risk of injury; it’s just not worth it!
So what should you do?
In case you don’t have any friends or family whom you’ve given a spare key to your home, you can always call in an emergency locksmith for help.
Some locksmiths can be at your service in less than half an hour. So it’s best to wait for help instead of trying to force your way back in, which could result in damage to your door or lock which will be expensive to fix.
2. You’ve Experienced a Break-in
Besides losing valuables, experiencing a burglary can also cause emotional damage and leave you feeling vulnerable and unsafe in your own home.
It’s only natural to feel this way, but the sooner you do something about it, the sooner you’ll gain back that sense of control and security.
It’s why we recommend reaching out to a locksmith in your area who can repair the damage caused by the burglar sooner rather than later.
Whether the burglar damaged your doors or windows, our locksmiths can take care of the necessary burglary repairs to secure your home, including lock repairs and boarding up.
In most cases, they can arrive at your home within 20-40 minutes.
3. The Keys to Your Home Are Missing
This is yet another frustrating scenario in which it’s important to call a locksmith near you – especially if you suspect someone has stolen your keys, in which case it’s essential to have your locks replaced right away.
This will help prevent intruders from having unfettered access and give you peace of mind knowing your home is less vulnerable to a potential burglary attempt.
4. You Can’t Lock Your Door
Picture this scenario: it’s Monday morning and you’re in a hurry to get to work and drop your kids off at school. And just as you get out the door in a rush, you realise you can’t lock the door to your home.
Well, there are several possible reasons for why this happens. For instance:
- The key is stuck or won’t turn in the lock. If you ever find yourself in this situation, don’t try to force the key to twist, as it could break inside the lock mechanism. Call a locksmith instead; they will know how to address this issue without causing unnecessary damage.
- The key broke inside the lock because too much force has been applied to it. The best way to go about this is to ask for professional assistance. A trained locksmith will have both the necessary equipment and expertise to cut various types of keys on the spot.
- The lock mechanism is faulty. In case the lock is broken or worn out, some parts of it will most likely need to be repaired or replaced altogether. Again, this is a situation best left in the hands of a professional.
For more common issues you may experience with locking your door and possible explanations, click here.
Need to Call a Locksmith Right Now?
Emergency situations occur unexpectedly, so it never hurts to have a trusted locksmith in your contact list, just in case.
We provide a 24-hour service/7 days a week. So if you’re experiencing an emergency situation at this moment, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us by calling 0800 0612 677.