Image © Aldridge Security
UPVC Door Chain Restrictor With Ring - Supplied and fitted from £35 + VAT
Keep unwanted people outside your front door. Fit extra security when someone knocks at your door.
Features of the Chain Restrictor
- Wall mounted keep with extra long screws
- Protects against burglary and theft
- Door chain with locking ring for handle
- Made from die-cast zinc
- Suitable for almost any style of door
- No drilling of door required
Getting burgled can be an incredibly emotionally distressing experience, especially when valuable or sentimental belongings are lost. Immobilise is a free online service, fully supported by the police (via the Secured by Design initiative), in association with the National Mobile Property Register (NMPR). Subscribers can register their valuables with the database and add photos, descriptions etc. so that in the case of their property being stolen and then found by Police, it can easily be returned to them. With almost 30,000,000 items registered it is the world’s largest free property register and is used by all 43 Police forces in the UK. It can also help greatly with insurance claims and crime reports as you have a way to show exactly what was taken and the preventative measures you had in place.
You can register for free with the Immobilise service at www.immobilise.com.
When it comes to home security, filtering your social media is probably last on most people’s lists of ways to prevent a break in. However, statistics suggest that it is fast becoming one of the most serious threats to your household against thieves as more and more people are putting sensitive information online. (Read more on the LockRite blog)
Essex County Council have announced that they shall be switching the street lights off in Colchester from midnight until 5am. This move has angered many residents who feel it could lead to an increase in crime within the area.
With Christmas just around the corner there is no better time to check your home is secure. Call us today to arrange a free security check of your home.
If you would like to sign a petition against the lights being turned off, you can do so at http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/switchstreetlightson
Thieves are using stickers advertising a fictitious local locksmith company to mark homes which are an 'easy target'. The criminals carry out a preliminary reconnaissance on the area and mark houses which are deemed as having poor security measures in place. They later return to break into the houses which have already been marked as targets. The authorities are advising residents to remove the stickers immediately if they see any on their doors or windows.
Is your home secure? Call us today on 01206 960051 to arrange a security check on your premises.
You can read more about this story at http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-24994148
There are several good reasons why you should consider choosing LockRite when looking for a locksmith in Colchester.
- All our locksmiths are DBS (CRB) checked which means they do not have a hidden criminal past.
- The price quoted is the price you pay. We do not artificially inflate prices on the doorstep like some unscrupulous locksmith companies.
- LockRite is a national and trusted brand but all our locksmiths are self employed individuals who live within, or close to, your area. By choosing LockRite you are choosing to support local business, keeping money within your local economy.
- If it is an emergency we can usually be on our way to you immediately and we will show up (unlike some companies who say they will but don't, wasting your time).
Call us now on 01206 960051 for a free, no obligation quote.
Essex’s new Police and crime Commissioner Nick Alston says the Police are tackling the 30% increase in Burglary in the Colchester area when discussed with Will Quince the local Conservative politician. 1/3 of all burglaries take place in unsecured properties, so be sure to ward off the criminals by fitting good locks. Call your locksmith in Colchester on 01206 960051 Now.
For more information and advice visit Essex police website by clicking here.
There are many factors to consider when choosing a locksmith in Colchester. Our checklist below should help you when making a decision.
- Check the locksmith is DBS (CRB) checked. This will reveal whether they have a hidden criminal past. You need someone you can trust working with your home security, so if they do not have a clean DBS (CRB) check walk away.
- Check the price quoted is what you will pay. Many locksmiths will quote one price on the phone only to bump the price up dramatically once the work has been undertaken. Make sure you know what you will be paying before work commences and sign something agreeing to the charges.
- Make sure you are happy with what the locksmith says regarding your home security and don't be pressurised into an expensive upsell. Not all locks are equal, and some cheaper locks do not provide adequate security for home insurance purposes so make sure if you're having new locks installed they are right for you.
- Always use a trusted locksmith with a decent reputation and accountability. There are many rogue traders who just want to rip customers off. Check their websites for testimonials and guarantees. If anything looks or feels dodgy, walk away and find another locksmith.
- Call their advertised number and see how long it takes them to answer. If calls are left ringing with no answer or diverts to voicemail numerous times it could indicate they will be difficult to get hold of if there is a problem with their work. Use a locksmith who answers their phone!
Hopefully this checklist will help you to choose the best Colchester locksmith for your needs.
All LockRite locksmiths are DBS (CRB) checked and will always confirm the price you will pay before commencing any work.
Call 01206 960051 now for a free, no obligation quote.
Many of Britain’s van drivers could be putting themselves at risk of theft without the correct level of insurance cover according to a survey by a leading insurance comparison website.
Approximately 65% of van owners surveyed, which included many small businesses, said they used their vans to transport tools, goods or equipment and over half of those surveyed said they left items in their vehicles overnight.
Approximately 10% of those surveyed also admitted to selecting the 'social only' insurance level to reduce insurance costs which would not be adequate for a business/commercial insurance claim.
Read more about this story at : http://www.locksmithjournal.co.uk/van-drivers-put-their-vehicles-at-risk-of-theft
What is more important to you: your money or your security? It is likely that you will say security, but who can afford a fancy monitored system? Regardless of your budget, there are ways to make your home more secure. Keep reading for expert advice which is affordable and accurate.
If you decide to install a home security system, research the company thoroughly. Having options, including someone instantly calling you if the alarm goes off in order to notify the police if necessary, should influence your decision. Think about what's most important to you and consider your budget before choosing.
Always make sure you check people out before they enter your home. You don't want anyone getting the chance to scope out your security system just because you let them inside. Talk about making things easy on them! Instead, keep your home just as guarded as before so that you stay safe.
Never leave a note on your door for delivery or service people. A note on a door might as well be a neon sign for a potential intruder, alerting them to the fact that nobody is home. Try to arrange for a friend or neighbor to accept your delivery or let a service person onto the property if you cannot be home.
While investing in a home is a big cost, you also have to invest in its security.
When calling a locksmith it is important to know what type of lock needs fixing or replacing. Use our visual guide below to identify your particular lock type.
The latest UK crime statistics show an alarming rise in vehicle thefts involving the use of a key with 25 percent of all stolen vehicles now being taken with the original key or a cloned copy.
It is important to lock your car, even when kept in a garage, and ensure your car keys are kept out of sight from the opportunist thief as a car which is stolen with the use of a key is unlikely to be covered in the event of an insurance claim.
As autumn approaches and the temperatures start to drop the nights start closing in. Unfortunately darker evenings mean more opportunities for burglars so it's essential to look at your home security and make sure it's up to the job. Anti snap locks, deadbolts and window locks will help to prevent most opportunist thieves and security lighting will deter intruders.
If you are unsure how secure your home is, call your local LockRite Colchester locksmith today on 01206 960051 to arrange a home security survey.
As summer approaches and the days get warmer it is natural to leave windows open and doors ajar to keep homes cooler. Unfortunately this can be an open invitation to the "sneak-in" opportunist burglar who will take advantage of open doors and windows and make off with small, expensive items such as mobile phones and laptops, or even a set of house keys to return later when the house is empty or everyone is asleep.
If a burglary takes place without any visible signs of forced entry it can invalidate insurance claims, so it is important to remain security concious in the summer. One way to help prevent "sneak-in" burglaries is to install door security chains and window restrictors. This allows doors and windows to be left open slightly while offering enough security to deter an opportunist thief.
Call your local Colchester locksmith on 01206 960051 today to discuss your home security needs.
Do you know how many sets of keys are in circulation to your new home? How many generations of people have lived there? Do they still have keys? Do you trust they will never return or pass on those keys?
Don't take any chances, change your locks today! We can supply and fit brand new front and rear locks at a very reasonable price. Call now for a free, no obligation quote.
When it comes to something as sensitive as securing your property you need to be 100% sure you can trust the person doing the job, so when it comes to choosing a locksmith in Colchester you probably can't do better than choosing LockRite, and here's why:
- We are a nationally recognised and respected brand with a local locksmith who lives in, or near Colchester and in most cases can be with you within 30-60 minutes.
- Our local Colchester locksmith is fully trained in the latest non destructive entry techniques, is CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) checked and always carries photo ID so you know when you book a LockRite locksmith you are booking a trustworthy professional.
- All work is 100% guaranteed with 12 months guarantee on all parts and 90 days guarantee on all workmanship.
- Call us now on 01206 960051 for a competitive quote and peace of mind you are dealing with a company that cares about your security.
Home security is always worth considering, and even more so if you happen to live in an area which is prone to crime. The website www.police.uk has an online, interactive map which shows you crime and burglary levels in your area.
Click here to view crime and burglary statistics for Colchester
No matter what the problem, whether you are locked in or locked out, if you need your locks changed or re-keyed or if you just need new keys cut, we come to you. We can be with you within 30 minutes* and all work is fully guaranteed with 12 months on parts and 90 days on all labour.
Don't risk your hard earned cash on a cheap locksmith with no accountability as many of these use questionable sales tactics and cheap, sub-standard parts. Choose LockRite and get it done 'Rite' first time!
Call 01206 960051 now
The dangers of lock snapping were recently discussed on the One Show (7th March 2012) and the advice is to ensure the locks on your uPVC doors are designed to withstand this kind of forced entry.
Lock snapping is a technique used by burglars where uPVC locks are literally snapped in half allowing quick access to your property. Unfortunately this type of forced entry is becoming more and more commonplace, and many homes with uPVC doors in the Colchester area are susceptible to this kind of attack unless the locks have been upgraded with anti-snap cylinders.
We can provide anti-snap, anti-bump and anti-pick locks for your doors. Call us now on 01206 960051 for a free, no obligation quote.
Postcodes covered in Colchester: CO1, CO2, CO3, CO4, CO5, CO6, CO7