Getting burgled can be an incredibly emotionally distressing experience, especially when valuable or sentimental belongings are lost. Immobilise is a free online service, fully supported by the police (via the Secured by Design initiative), in association with the National Mobile Property Register (NMPR). Subscribers can register their valuables with the database and add photos, descriptions etc. so that in the case of their property being stolen and then found by Police, it can easily be returned to them. With almost 30,000,000 items registered it is the world’s largest free property register and is used by all 43 Police forces in the UK. It can also help greatly with insurance claims and crime reports as you have a way to show exactly what was taken and the preventative measures you had in place.
You can register for free with the Immobilise service at www.immobilise.com.
Thieves are using stickers advertising a fictitious local locksmith company to mark homes which are an 'easy target'. The criminals carry out a preliminary reconnaissance on the area and mark houses which are deemed as having poor security measures in place. They later return to break into the houses which have already been marked as targets. The authorities are advising residents to remove the stickers immediately if they see any on their doors or windows.
Is your home secure? Call us today on 01908 980013 to arrange a security check on your premises.
You can read more about this story at http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-24994148
There are several good reasons why you should consider choosing LockRite when looking for a locksmith in Milton Keynes.
- All our locksmiths are DBS (CRB) checked which means they do not have a hidden criminal past.
- The price quoted is the price you pay. We do not artificially inflate prices on the doorstep like some unscrupulous locksmith companies.
- LockRite is a national and trusted brand but all our locksmiths are self employed individuals who live within, or close to, your area. By choosing LockRite you are choosing to support local business, keeping money within your local economy.
- If it is an emergency we can usually be on our way to you immediately and we will show up (unlike some companies who say they will but don't, wasting your time).
Call us now on 01908 980013 for a free, no obligation quote.
There are many factors to consider when choosing a locksmith in Milton Keynes. Our checklist below should help you when making a decision.
- Check the locksmith is DBS (CRB) checked. This will reveal whether they have a hidden criminal past. You need someone you can trust working with your home security, so if they do not have a clean DBS (CRB) check walk away.
- Check the price quoted is what you will pay. Many locksmiths will quote one price on the phone only to bump the price up dramatically once the work has been undertaken. Make sure you know what you will be paying before work commences and sign something agreeing to the charges.
- Make sure you are happy with what the locksmith says regarding your home security and don't be pressurised into an expensive upsell. Not all locks are equal, and some cheaper locks do not provide adequate security for home insurance purposes so make sure if you're having new locks installed they are right for you.
- Always use a trusted locksmith with a decent reputation and accountability. There are many rogue traders who just want to rip customers off. Check their websites for testimonials and guarantees. If anything looks or feels dodgy, walk away and find another locksmith.
- Call their advertised number and see how long it takes them to answer. If calls are left ringing with no answer or diverts to voicemail numerous times it could indicate they will be difficult to get hold of if there is a problem with their work. Use a locksmith who answers their phone!
Hopefully this checklist will help you to choose the best Milton Keynes locksmith for your needs.
All LockRite locksmiths are DBS (CRB) checked and will always confirm the price you will pay before commencing any work.
Call 01908 980013 now for a free, no obligation quote.
Many of Britain’s van drivers could be putting themselves at risk of theft without the correct level of insurance cover according to a survey by a leading insurance comparison website.
Approximately 65% of van owners surveyed, which included many small businesses, said they used their vans to transport tools, goods or equipment and over half of those surveyed said they left items in their vehicles overnight.
Approximately 10% of those surveyed also admitted to selecting the 'social only' insurance level to reduce insurance costs which would not be adequate for a business/commercial insurance claim.
Read more about this story at : http://www.locksmithjournal.co.uk/van-drivers-put-their-vehicles-at-risk-of-theft
If you like to have a key hidden in case you lose yours, place it in a safe place. Above a door frame or under a mat are not smart ideas. Try to find somewhere less obvious.
If you have a lot of unfamiliar people on you social networking accounts, avoid letting everyone know you will be going on holiday. It can be exciting to tell everyone about it, but you could potentially be letting a burglar in on your whereabouts.
You do not want to use spring latch locks. These locks are easy to break into since they may be opened up with a credit card. Intruders just have to slide a card in between the latch and door for the lock to pop open. If you already have spring latch locks, install a deadbolt for added security.
Install motion sensitive lighting. These lights go on when something moves outside. This makes your home safer because it warns intruders away.
Put in a door that is solid wood or metal. These types of doors are much stronger and harder for someone to break into. This makes it much harder for a burglar to kick in a door. Make sure to replace exterior doors for the cheapest amount possible.
You may think that the previous home-owners are extremely nice, but the truth is that you really do not know them. Therefore, replace all the locks in your home. This is also true when it comes to rental homes. Ask the landlord if they can switch your locks or give us a call and we'll change them for you.
Do not be reluctant to meet your neighbours. Speak to your neighborus. Keep your eye on their houses, and ask for help to keep yours safe too. Listen to gossip also. You could learn important security information, such as if strangers have been lurking around the neighbourhood.
When calling a locksmith it is important to know what type of lock needs fixing or replacing. Use our visual guide below to identify your particular lock type.
The latest UK crime statistics show an alarming rise in vehicle thefts involving the use of a key with 25 percent of all stolen vehicles now being taken with the original key or a cloned copy.
It is important to lock your car, even when kept in a garage, and ensure your car keys are kept out of sight from the opportunist thief as a car which is stolen with the use of a key is unlikely to be covered in the event of an insurance claim.
When it comes to something as sensitive as securing your property you need to be 100% sure you can trust the person doing the job, so when it comes to choosing a locksmith in Milton Keynes you probably can't do better than choosing LockRite, and here's why:
- We are a nationally recognised and respected brand with a local locksmith who lives in, or near Milton Keynes and in most cases can be with you within 30-60 minutes.
- Our local Milton Keynes locksmith is fully trained in the latest non destructive entry techniques, is CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) checked and always carries photo ID so you know when you book a LockRite locksmith you are booking a trustworthy professional.
- All work is 100% guaranteed with 12 months guarantee on all parts and 90 days guarantee on all workmanship.
- Call us now on 01908 980013 for a competitive quote and peace of mind you are dealing with a company that cares about your security.
Home security is always worth considering, and even more so if you happen to live in an area which is prone to crime. The website www.police.uk has an online, interactive map which shows you crime and burglary levels in your area.
Click here to view crime and burglary statistics for Milton Keynes
: Division by zero in /home/lockrite/public_html/dynamic-remote-content_WP.php
on line 250
Postcodes covered in Milton Keynes: MK1, MK1, MK10, MK11, MK12, MK13, MK14, MK15, MK17, MK19, MK2, MK3, MK4, MK5, MK6, MK7, MK8, MK9